April 21, 2012

Hey, Look! A collage!

Have I mentioned that I'm subscribed to hundreds of blogs? I am. I don't have time to read all of them anymore, so I pick and choose, but I'd say there's a good few dozen that I read on a regular basis. Anyway, the reason I mention this is because I noticed that a lot of bloggers make collages of outfits, color-themed housewares, or just pretty pictures. They always catch my eye, but I figured I'd have to know how to use Photoshop or something to make something similar.

Well, today as I was ripping out inspirational outfits from a catalog, I thought about how it's such a shame that all those gorgeous catalog clippings end up piled on my coffee table with no one to share them with (except my husband and cats...). And also, how I don't really like piles of paper scraps around. It would be so much nicer to digitalize them and share them with the world. If only I had such a way...

All of a sudden (that is, after a quick google search), I realized that Picasa, a free online photo editing software that I use all the time, can make collages! The default mode is to make a little collage that looks like a pile of photographs, but there is a little drop down menu where you can make crisp organized photo grids, or all sorts of other stuff. Since I only had four photos, here's my first go at it:



Well, what do you think? Do you prefer my standard one-at-a-time, vertical-style of photo listing, or are you feeling the collage look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment