April 19, 2012

Tiny Hands International

Sometimes I want to go shopping and feel completely guiltless. I want to support something good -- and maybe that's why I end up looking at Etsy so often -- because I like to support small businesses and encourage entrepreneurship. I like to feel like my money is voting for something positive. But charities are good too, and sometimes I forget that when I'm feeling like shopping, I can spend my money at a charity.

I learned about Tiny Hands International from a do-good crafty blog, Tiggy's House. They're focused on helping orphaned children, sex-trafficking victims, and the empowerment of women. Their current goal is to build a self-sustaining "dream center" in Nepal, where they can have homes for a few families, as well as a school, medical center, and dental center that can serve the surrounding community. 


If it sounds like the kind of thing you'd like to support, you can always just donate outright. But if you're a more shopping-inclined individual, you can always take a look at the shop and (added bonus) know that your money is going to help support something a little bigger than usual. In case you're wondering, 100% of the proceeds go to support the charity, and all products are made handmade locally in Nepal. Here are some of my favorites:




Loving this jewelry for beachy summers. Happy shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment